How to Keep Your Macbook Screen Clean
If you carry your MacBook too and from work or the local coffee shop, it’s probably in need of a good cleaning. Not only is it refreshing to look at a MacBook screen clean, but nobody wants to think about the bacteria and food particles that you could be exposing yourself to.
Follow these easy steps for a safe way to clean your computer.
How Do I Keep My MacBook Screen Clean?
- Be Safe – Turn off your MacBook and unplug the power cable and any other accessories that may be hooked up to the computer.
- Use Microfiber Cloth – Take a microfiber or soft lint-free cloth to wipe away any dust or dried crumbs that may be lurking on the surface or in any crevices.
- Use Distilled Water – Spray the cloth with distilled water. Never spray your Macbook directly. Keep it on the cloth. Do not soak the cloth! Make sure it is only slightly damp.
- Be Gentle – Wipe down your Macbook. Be gentle but thorough when cleaning your laptop.
- For Tougher Stains – If your MacBook screen is especially dirty, you can make a solution of three parts distilled water and one part distilled white vinegar or use a commercial LCD screen cleaner. Dampen a clean microfiber cloth with the cleaning mixture and wipe down the display until clean. Be very careful not to use too much liquid.
- Disinfect Your Macbook – If you’d like, you can disinfect your MacBook with a disinfectant, bleach-free wipe. If you’d prefer to not use a disinfectant wipe, you can mix one part rubbing alcohol and one part distilled water into a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto a soft cloth, not the Macbook. Wipe down the MacBook screen, keyboard, and track board. Be careful not to get any excess liquid on the computer and be gentle when wiping.
- Wipe Down – Take your water-dampened cloth and wipe down the same area.
- Dry With Microfiber Cloth – Use a dry microfiber or similar lint-free cloth that is soft to dry the Macbook screen, trackpad, and keyboard.
How To Keep Your Macbook Screen Clean
There are simple things you can do to keep your MacBook clean. Be smart about where you use your Mac book laptop. Don’t eat over it and keep it out of the way of crumbs and dirt. Keep your MacBook in a case to protect it and keep it clean. You can also get a screen protector to help with smudging. If you have a problem with keeping your keyboard clean, invest in a keyboard protector. That will keep crumbs from getting underneath your keys and dirtying your keyboard.
Apple has documentation on keeping your Macbook screen clean
When in doubt use the simple guide provided by Apple. Apple breaks down their guide on best practices that will help you keep any Apple device clean. It also covers your safety and the safety instructions of the MacBook before applying any type of liquid or wet cloth. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204172