How To Back Up My Phone
Answering the question “How do I back up my phone” can be easily done with a few steps. Backing up is important so that you don’t lose all the photos you’ve taken over the years, the contacts you’ve collected, and the music you’ve downloaded. Here are the easiest ways to backup your phone:
Back Up My Phone: iPhone
Apple has a built-in system for backing up your iPhone with their iCloud. It’s a really simple process thanks to this.
- Once you’re connected to Wi-Fi, go into your settings.
- Select your name, then iCloud
- Turn the iCloud Backup switch on for automatic backups.
Apple gives its users 5GB of storage on the iCloud free of charge, so if you don’t have a lot to backup you’re good to go. However, for most people, 5GB won’t cover it. You can buy more storage easily though.
If you’d prefer to backup your phone offline and for free, you can do that easily with your computer.
- Install iTunes on your computer
- Plug your iPhone into your computer
- Open iTunes, and select the name of your iPhone
- Under “Backup and Restore,” click “Back Up Now.”
Selecting this option will create a backup of everything on your phone. All of your app data and home screen arrangement will even be saved. If you ever have to restore or reset your phone, you’ll everything saved just the way you like it by clicking “Restore from Backup.”
Back Up My Phone: Android
Android has a built-in backup feature, so if you haven’t already enabled it, do that.
- Go to your Settings, select “Backup and reset”.
- Check the boxes of both “Back up my data” and “Automatic restore”.
- Now you’ll have an automatic backup of your Android data and settings in the cloud.
Android is also easy to sync with different cloud services, whether it be Google Drive or Amazon or Dropbox. Google is the go-to for most Android users, especially since Gmail and google apps are widely used. Using the Google Sync feature will backup your contacts, email, calendar, bookmarks, and any Google made apps associated with these.
If you take a lot of photos, you’ll also want to open up your Photos app, go into its Settings, and select “Backup & sync.” Make sure this is enabled so that your photos are always backed up and safe.